Healthier Nuggets :)

Aloha Parents!  As I grocery shopped this weekend for the daycare center I had it in mind that I wanted to find foods that were "familiar" in appearance to the children but healthier options.  I know most of the kids love chicken nuggets and I was very happy to find Cluckphrey Chic-A-Roos at Down To Earth.

We made a menu change today and served:  Chic-A-Roos, Steamed Organic Carrots, Organic Strawberries & Organic Blueberries.  I was soooo happy to see that the children LOVED their nuggets (dipped in organic ketchup) - I even got one little girl to happily eat all of her lunch for the first time in two weeks.

If you're interested, Chick-A-Roos are tasty meatless "chicken" nuggets.  They are are lightly breaded then baked, not fried, and pre-cooked so you can just heat and serve. They are a good source of protein and contain non-GMO soy.

Serving Size: 4 Nuggets, Total Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 0g, Sodium: 450mg, Total Carb: 13g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 0g, Protein: 15g.  Made with Non GMO Soy. Cholesterol Free. Egg Free. No Trans Fats. No artificial preservatives. Good source of protein.


 


























No comments:

Post a Comment